Speaking in public is one of the most feared (if not THE most feared) experiences. Public speaking requires flare and style that overcome the speakers’ agitation and stage frights. In reality, it is more often for professionals to face hostile or demanding audiences.
Professionals are expected to quickly organize their thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to the audience. Public speaking ranges from formal speeches to everyday business presentations, where it demands the ability to present concepts, to develop goal orientations, as well the ability to differentiate between oral and written communications.
This effective public speaking for professionals is designed for professionals who must speak in front of critical audiences. This course is also suitable for new speakers who seek for new ideas and strategies before they begin making presentations. This course aims to improve public speaking skills by learning some new techniques that will add the persuasive edge in presentations, as well as mapping difficult questions or presenting a highly elaborated information.
- What is public speaking?
- Planning (preparing to plan – presentation preparation)
- Good communication skills (barriers to communication)
- Understanding Your Audience (Audience Profile – Finding Common Ground -Practical Application
- Getting Comfortable in Conversation (Viewpoints & Opinions ‒ Personal Feelings)
- Making Your Listener Hear You
- Structuring Ideas (3-Key Points – Building a Three-Part Plan – Practice)
- How to organize your messages/ideas
- Redesigning Yourself for Strengths
- Controlling Your Jitters
- How to Handle Sticky Situation
- Body Language (How the Listener Takes Control – The Meaning Behind Our Message)
- Beginning & Ending
Any professionals at any levels who want to enhance their public speaking skills that will benefit their personal and professional life
Training Schedule 2017:
January 24 – 25
March 9 – 10
May 18 – 19
August 2 – 3
October 18 – 19
December 4 – 5