In today’s fast-pace business, many functional managers or supervisors in many organizations have to handle human resources issues as part of their daily job. They are expected to recruit, to develop, and to discipline their own team. Every manager is a people manager indeed.
But not all managers are ready to take on this assignment. Not all of them have adequate understanding on HR concepts and the skills in managing their HR practices.
This HR for Non HR Managers workshop will help the participants in walking through the recruitment process, conducting interview, discuss on-boarding, and some other HR-related practices they need to know as a new kind of manager. Preparing them to avoid or to face the issues and problems that they may face as an HR function within their team.
This three-day program will help the participants how to:
- Identify current issues in the HR field
- Identify current issues in the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
- Defining Human Resources
- Performing a Skills Inventory
- Forecasting Techniques
- Job Analysis
- Identifying Job Competencies
- Position Profiles & Job Description
- Hiring or Borrowing?
- Recruiting Candidates
- Screening Resumes and Candidates
- Interview Technique
- Employee Orientation & Onboarding
- Developing Team
- Performance Review
- Attendance Management
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Privacy Issues
- Compensation & Benefits
- Managing Disciplinary Issues
- Terminating Employee
- Exit Interview
- Action Plan
HR Professionals and New HR Managers
Training Schedule 2017:
January 30 – 31
March 29 – 30
May 4 – 5
July 27 – 28
September 4 – 5
November 16 – 17