Turning your message into an audience-centered story is one of the powerful communication techniques that allows you to grab strong engagement with your audience. Whether trying to attract new customers, convey your message to the board, or inspire your team, this storytelling skill will help you most.
Great stories can help your audience remember the ideas that text or graphics can’t do. People will relate to the stories that are interesting & relevant and more likely to remember the message behind them. It’s clear to see why managers & team leaders need to master this skill and should become great storytellers. Once great stories are told, the memory of those stories will leave behind a lasting impact.
By attending Business Storytelling program, participants should be able to:
- Identify opportunities to use the power of storytelling and its elements in their work performances
- Build powerful narratives according to the objective
- Use a multitude of techniques to deliver impactful storytelling in business
- Why storytelling works wonder (what works or doesn’t work & why?
- The difference between storytelling for business and non-business – showcasing sample
- The golden triangle: Purpose, Value, Results in your storytelling elements:
- Aristotle’s Pathos, ethos, logos
- Key messages & structure
- Content & Context
- Understanding “DOSE” elements to connect with audience
- Exercise each element with draft framework of actual story
- Understand the power of Narrative
(Exploring and exercising different styles: to connect, to convert an abstract concept into something relatable, to inform, to sell, to convince, to persuade, to motivate voluntary cooperation, to simplify a complex subjects, to change minds & decisions).
- Crafting your storytelling with the AWET formula: Assess, Write, Edit, Talk
- How to bring facts, data, numbers, and evidence in your story
- Match objective & messages to the audience
- Write & create key messages with DOSE in mind
- Editing to create a powerful story
- TALK – You in Action!
- Influencing people through storytelling
- PERSONA: Confidence & Strengths, 3Vs of verbal, vocal and body language
- Telling vs Showing
- Exercises, Reviews and Feedback
This training is delivered comprehensively, yet in a light and interesting way, to get participants active involvement and ownership of the subject, using participants’ own works and cases. While it is structured and organized, the training allows room for flexibility and responsiveness to the need of participants. Participants will be challenged with practices that may test their comfort zone in dealing with the subject.
Each stage of the sessions above will include various exercises, such as individual micro presentation, group discussion, group presentation, QA, hands-on practice according to the learning points, observing a presentation, feedback & evaluation, fun quiz.
Managers & Leaders from any industry background who want to enhance their storytelling skills and become good storytellers.
We are aware and understand that every organization is unique in terms of its leadership, management, nature, culture, challenges, and needs. Therefore, we are ready to listen to your unique needs for the training and any gaps that need to be answered with the training. Training content can be tailored to the specific needs of you as our client, and we are open to discussing changes that may occur due to some circumstances.
This program is only available in In-House Training (IHT) and On-Demand Class (ODC) formats. Any customization on this program is available. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team for further discussion.
Contact Our Team
One Pacific Place 15th Floor
Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Alia Sariputri (Ms. Putri)
alia . sariputri @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Safitri Karim (Ms. Fitri)
safitri . karim @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Formasi Accoladia Group
Kota Kasablanka. Tower A. 38th Fl.
Jl. Casablanca Raya Kav 88
E. enquiry @ fosterandbridgeindonesia.com