Business Writing Skills
Craft Clear Message. Effectively
Business writing skill is one of the essential skills in the workplace, an absolute necessity for those who work in the business world. Excellent business writing can save productive hours in the making, avoid unnecessary misunderstandings and crises, and convey powerful messages to the readers/stakeholders in the company. It will support the effectiveness and efficiency of communication processes and the company’s performance.
To address the issue of business writing competencies for employees, a workshop is to be conducted. This business writing skills workshop offers a fundamental understanding of business writing and some best practices that participants can learn from.
- Achieving Sucess with Effective Business Communication (Writing)
- Understanding the principles, rules and guidelines of business communication
- Understanding personal writing style vs. style of writing reports on demand
- Observing House Style (rules of the company)
- Accountability & Legal implication of in-writing information
- Common mistakes and failures that usually occurs in the writing
- The do’s and don’ts of writing email, memo, minutes of meeting, report and proposal
- The role of emotional and social quotients in writing process
- Writing Techniques: The Preparation Stages
- Establish primary aim and objective of the writing
- Identifying the readers’ characters, expectations and needs, behavior, and knowledge
- Selecting and filtering the source materials for your writing, and sorting based on the principle of JIS (Justify, Importance, Simplify) the importance and the need to simplify
- Planning the structure of the writing (MIF – Most Important First)
- Writing Techniques: The Writing Stages
- Applying steps of the writing process (Structure, clear & concise content, expression, and context of business writing)
- Crafting brief yet powerful messages
- Crafting messages for electronic media
- The use of visual media aids such as charts, diagrams, infographic in your report
- Applying professional business standards in the writing process
- Writing in Action (practical exercise)
- Writing Techniques: Editing Stages
- Words and its power ‒ how to use clear, concise, and powerful words to convey your messages
- Selection of words that correspond to the topic of the writing, grammar, punctuation
- Practice how to edit writing (email, Minutes of Meeting, memo, report, proposal, presentation)
- Editing in Action (practical exercise)
- Practice to perfection: applying points learned during the session into a practical exercise of writing, editing and formatting
This training is delivered comprehensively, yet in a light and interesting way, to get participants active involvements and ownership of the subject, using participants’ own works and cases. While it is structured and organized, the training allows room for flexibility and responsiveness to the need of participants. Participants will be challenged with practices that may test their comfort zone in dealing with the subject.
Each stage of the sessions above will include various exercises, such as individual micro presentation, group discussion, group presentation, QA, hands-on practice according to the learning points, observing a presentation, feedback & evaluation, fun quiz.
This program is recommended for any professionals who are willing to improve their understanding of English business writing principles and be able to practice various business documents in a clear, concise manner according to your objectives.
Virtual Learning Experience (Online) Public Schedule:
14 – 15 February 2023
12 – 13 April 2023
8 – 9 May 2023
10 – 11 July 2023
8 – 9 August 2023
4 – 5 September 2023
6 – 6 December 2023
Face-to-Face Public Schedule:
17 – 18 January 2023
15 – 16 March 2023
13 – 14 June 2023
27 – 28 July 2023
4 – 5 October 2023
7 – 8 November 2023
Besides public classes, we also deliver training in In-House Training, On-Demand Classes, Webinar, and 1-0-1 format for both online & offline classes. Feel free to contact our team for further assistance.
We are aware and understand that every organization is unique in terms of its leadership, management, nature, culture, challenges, and needs. Therefore, we are ready to listen to your unique needs for the training and any gaps that need to be answered with the training. Training content can be tailored to the specific needs of you as our client, and we are open to discussing changes that may occur due to some circumstances.
his program is only available in In-House Training (IHT) and On-Demand Class (ODC) formats. Any customization on this program is available. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team for further discussion.
This Virtual Learning Experience (VLE) Online program is designed as a live-delivery online learning sessions, to provide an experience of a classroom with the right design and methodology.
The VLE is delivered without pre-recorded material (video/audio that has been recorded in prior), using online meeting platforms to create active participations, group discussions, experience-sharing, group work exercises. Participants are required to be actively involved in the virtual learning experiences using a combination of online platforms.
Contact Our Team
One Pacific Place 15th Floor
Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Alia Sariputri (Ms. Putri)
alia . sariputri @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Safitri Karim (Ms. Fitri)
safitri . karim @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Formasi Accoladia Group
Kota Kasablanka. Tower A. 38th Fl.
Jl. Casablanca Raya Kav 88
E. enquiry @ fosterandbridgeindonesia.com