Finance Acumen for Non-Finance Professionals
Leveling up your business by expanding financial knowledge for better contribution to business success. Being in a managerial position and level it is imperative that every leader understands the financial aspects of their daily activities. With this understanding, it is expected that every manager can analyze and make the right decision for their unit and organization as a whole.
The Finance Acumen for Non-Finance Professionals course will use financial information to analyze performance, give structure to understand changes in the business environment and business model, and use key performance indicators to help interpret financial statements.
By the end of the course, participants will hone their financial skills in comprehending the interaction between financial and non-financial data, not only to forecast events but also to be able to establish the most suitable financial and business strategy for their organization.
Key Benefit for Participants:
- Understanding the financial jargon
- Understanding balance sheet and income statement
- Understanding the cash flow cycle and cash flow statement
- Understanding the principles of financial management
- Understanding the accounting processes & cycle
- Capability to analyze financial statements and situations
- Capability to plan financial management
- Basic Concepts of Finance & Accounting
- General financial principles
- Fundamental of accounting and accounting cycles
- Mastering Financial Statement
- Income statement: indicator of performance
- Balance sheet: indicator of financial position
- Cash flow statement
- Financial Analysis
- Understanding and analysing financial statements
- Financial ratio and forecasting
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Decision
- Time Value of Money
- Cost of Capital
- Measuring Investment and Strategic Performance
- How to understand the Balance Sheet in the context of strategic initiatives and investments
- What is the optimal way to use your Income Statement to measure performance?
- Can revenues and expenses be used to determine value to customers?
- The Four Cornerstones of Value Creation
- Positive spread, healthy cash flows, investor expectations, and the sustainability of competitive advantage
- Linking value to financial performance
- Developing Business Case
- Business case and business plan
- The benefit of the business case
- The five cases of the business case and how financial acumen provides an important role in the business case
- Business Case & Business Plan
This training is delivered comprehensively, yet in a light and interesting way, to get participants active involvements and ownership of the subject, using participants’ own works and cases. While it is structured and organized, the training allows room for flexibility and responsiveness to the need of participants. Participants will be challenged with practices that may test their comfort zone in dealing with the subject.
Each stage of the sessions above will include various exercises, such as individual micro presentation, group discussion, group presentation, QA, hands-on practice according to the learning points, observing a presentation, feedback & evaluation, fun quiz.
Any professionals who want to have a better understanding of the financial aspects of their daily activities to make the right decision for their unit and organization as a whole.
Face-to-Face Public Schedule:
23 – 24 January 2024
29 – 30 April 2024
26 – 27 June 2024
11 – 12 September 2024
11 – 12 December 2024
We are aware and understand that every organization is unique in terms of its leadership, management, nature, culture, challenges, and needs. Therefore, we are ready to listen to your unique needs for the training and any gaps that need to be answered with the training. Training content can be tailored to the specific needs of you as our client, and we are open to discussing changes that may occur due to some circumstances.
This program is only available in In-House Training (IHT) and On-Demand Class (ODC) formats. Any customization on this program is available. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team for further discussion.
Contact Our Team
One Pacific Place 15th Floor
Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Alia Sariputri (Ms. Putri)
alia . sariputri @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Safitri Karim (Ms. Fitri)
safitri . karim @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Formasi Accoladia Group
Kota Kasablanka. Tower A. 38th Fl.
Jl. Casablanca Raya Kav 88
E. enquiry @ fosterandbridgeindonesia.com