Hypothesis-driven problem-solving or “top-down problem-solving” has been utilized by the most prominent consulting firms around the globe. This approach is widely known for its effectiveness in business problem-solving by piercing the heart of the issue in a logical and scientific method.
The approach starts with the hypothesis answer and works backward to validate or nullify that hypothesis answer. Unlike conventional “bottom-up” problem solving, which takes massive time to accumulate and analyze data and “give” meaning to the data to solve the problem, hypothesis works efficiently and is proven for problems with tight timelines.
What is hypothesis-driven problem-solving? How to apply the approach? What are the steps to this approach? And what would I gain by using this approach? Those questions will be answered by Foster & Bridge Indonesia’s hypothesis-driven problem-solving course.
The course will allow participants to understand and appreciate the technique, master the basic knowledge of hypothesis-driven problem solving, and, at the same time, provide an effective and efficient business solution.
The Benefit for Participants:
- Able to form a hypothesis about the problem and determine the data needed to test the hypothesis
- Able to gather and analyze the necessary data then comparing the result to the hypothesis
- Sharpen their intuitive using hypothesis-driven in problem solving approach
- Hypothesis-based Problem Solving
- What is hypothesis-based problem-solving
- Bottoms-up approach vs. top-down approach
- The Ecosystem of the hypothesis-based approach
- The advantages, caveats, and appropriate circumstances in applying the approach
- When does the approach fail?
- Critical Problem Content
- The real art & structure of problem statement
- Problem Disaggregation
- Elements of disaggregation
- Logic (issue) tree & mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive (MECE)
- Rigorous Prioritization
- Pareto principle
- Prioritization tools such as Eisenhower, MoSCoW
- Workplan Iteration
- Level of precision, time frame and stakeholders’ involvement=
- Analysis & Tools
- Root cause analysis tools
- Synthesizing & Storytelling
- Orchestrating fragmented parts into an aggregated and appealing whole.
- Business Case
This training is delivered comprehensively, yet in a light and exciting way, to get participants’ active involvement and ownership of the subject, using participants’ works and cases. While it is structured and organized, the training allows room for flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of participants. Participants will be challenged with practices that may test their comfort zone in dealing with the subject.
Each stage of the sessions above will include various exercises, such as individual micro presentation, group discussion, group presentation, QA, hands-on practice according to the learning points, observing a presentation, feedback & evaluation, and a fun quiz.
All professionals want to enhance their skills on how to turn their messages into buying decisions and gain confidence in presenting.
We are aware and understand that every organization is unique in terms of its leadership, management, nature, culture, challenges, and needs. Therefore, we are ready to listen to your unique needs for the training and any gaps that need to be answered with the training. Training content can be tailored to the specific needs of you as our client, and we are open to discussing changes that may occur due to some circumstances.
This program is only available in In-House Training (IHT) and On-Demand Class (ODC) formats. Any customization on this program is available. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team for further discussion.
Contact Our Team
One Pacific Place 15th Floor
Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Alia Sariputri (Ms. Putri)
alia . sariputri @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Safitri Karim (Ms. Fitri)
safitri . karim @fosterandbridgeindonesia.com
Formasi Accoladia Group
Kota Kasablanka. Tower A. 38th Fl.
Jl. Casablanca Raya Kav 88
E. enquiry @ fosterandbridgeindonesia.com